8/18/09

Matt Beyers Interview
















Photo by Al Shantz


I've known Matt Beyers for quite a few years now, he's a solid individual on and off the bike and arguably one of the best trails riders Canada has to offer. Matt was hooked up with Verde a bit ago and is helping host the trails jam coming up this weekend, so I figured I'd hit him up with an interview.

You were hooked up with Verde a while ago, how psyched were you on that?
More now than ever! I like where BMX is going with Verde.

What are you favourite things about riding and building trails?
Riding I'm stoked to hit a line I know is possible but haven't done, or the same line ridden all day but I haven't done. Building I make my own in team, be a part of and discuss, year after year.

How are the trails looking this year?
Like a dream we've shared as a crew our whole time on bikes. Concrete hard!

How important do you think events like the Re-session Tour and other local events are to the BMX scene?
Sessions keep people off the web long enough to remember what this shit's about.. riding! That and digging a scene.

What are you looking forward to on this trip?
Sharing our trails with people who know their value. Gonna be a rad weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment