8/17/09

Ryan Barrett from Verde















Ryan Barrett is one of the main guys behind Verde and is one of those riders who is always a treat to watch. I sent Ryan a short interview for the blog, so here it is...

How did you get involved with Verde?
I knew Cory (Muth) and Steve (Buddendeck) for years before they asked me to be a part of Verde. They are both great friends and asked me to help shape Verde from day one. It was a great opportunity for me to work with friends and help build a brand from the ground up.

Give us a bit of insight into what you do with Verde.
Since I am in Portland, and the office/warehouse is in Ohio, my day to day roles are slim compared to those guys. I have always helped out with the team, blog content, organizing trips, and consulting on the product line.

You're no stranger to Canada, what do you think of the BMX scene here?
Man, I love it! Good attitudes and great spots.

How important do you think events like the Re-session Tour and other local events are to the BMX scene?
I am all for tours and jams. It brings people together in their normal riding scenes, not a fabricated course. Plus you just chill, maybe hit up the best place to eat or swim after the session. Overall, it is a more real experience than a structured event.

What are you looking forward to on this trip?
Hanging out with the Ten Pack crew, meeting some new faces, and summertime in the woods! A huge thanks for all the hard work the trail builders have been putting in (for years) to make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment